Monday, February 15, 2016

Intro to My Blog

Okay, so I've created this blog due to some new interests of mine, and I figure some people would be interested in learning along with me.

I have always enjoyed hunting, and rifle hunting has always been a big deal to me, growing up. My dad has taken me hunting since I was 4 years old, and I shot my first deer at 12 years old. We went hunting almost every year when I was growing up. I got my first rifle at the age of 11 or 12. It's a .243, and to be honest, I don't even know what brand, with a 4 power magnification scope (same deal, no idea what brand).

Growing up in Texas, the style of hunting we did (box blinds with corn feeders), did not call for anything more than that gun. When your longest shot is a couple hundred yards, you really don't need any more gun than that.

A few years ago, I moved to Idaho, where the deer are bigger, and don't even get me started on the ELK, and the shots are longer. A .243 with a 4 power scope just isn't going to cut it anymore. So now, I need to figure out what I'm going to do. And that is when I realized, I KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT GUNS!!!

So I invite you to embark on this journey with me, as I learn about different guns, calibers, accessories, scopes...

I am very excited to get out, and learn everything I need to, to be the most effective hunter I can be here in Idaho, and I hope that you can benefit from what I am learning as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment